- Where is Larnaca located?
- How to get to Larnaca?
- Places to visit in Larnaca
- Transportation From Larnaca to North Cyprus
- Distance between Larnaca and Famagusta?
- Where to stay in Larnaca during the trip?
- Nightlife in Larnaca
Larnaca Travel Guide
Larnaca is famous for its magnificent sea, where you can do extreme water sports. At the same time, we have prepared the Larnaca Cyprus travel guide for you, which attracts attention with its crowded bazaars and natural beauties.
Where is Larnaca located?
Larnaca is located on the southern coast of Cyprus, which is an island country in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea.
How to get to Larnaca?
There are a few ways to get to Larnaca, depending on your starting point:
- By Air: The easiest way to reach Larnaca is by flying into Larnaca International Airport (LCA). Many airlines offer direct flights to Larnaca from various cities in Europe, the Middle East, and other parts of the world. Once you arrive at the airport, you can take a taxi or a bus to reach the city center.
- By Ferry: If you are coming from another country in the region, you can consider taking a ferry to Cyprus. There are ferry services available from Greece and some other neighboring countries. However, keep in mind that this option might take longer and is not as frequent as flights.
- By Bus: If you are already in Cyprus, you can take a bus to Larnaca from other cities on the island. There are intercity bus services that connect Larnaca to major towns and cities in Cyprus.
- By Car: If you prefer driving, you can rent a car and drive to Larnaca. The road network in Cyprus is well-developed, and there are highways connecting Larnaca to other cities on the island.
How many days to spend in Larnaca?
The number of days to spend in Larnaca depends on your personal preferences and the activities you plan to do. Larnaca itself is a relatively small city, but there are several attractions and nearby places to explore.
If you are mainly interested in the city and its highlights, such as the Larnaca Promenade, Larnaca Salt Lake, Larnaca Fort, and St Lazarus Church, you can easily cover these in a day or two.
Places to visit in Larnaca
There are several things to do in Larnaca and attractions to explore in Larnaca. Here are some of the highlights:
- Larnaca Promenade: Take a leisurely walk along the picturesque promenade, lined with palm trees, cafes, and restaurants. Enjoy the beautiful views of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Larnaca Salt Lake: Visit the salt lake, especially during the winter months when it is filled with flamingos and other migratory birds.
- St Lazarus Church: A beautiful Byzantine church dating back to the 9th century. Admire the intricate religious iconography and architecture.
- Larnaca Castle/Fort: Explore the medieval fortress located at the heart of Larnaca's seafront. It also houses the Larnaca Medieval Museum.
- Hala Sultan Tekke Mosque: One of the holiest Islamic sites, this beautiful mosque is located on the banks of the salt lake and is dedicated to Umm Haram, the aunt of the Prophet Muhammad.
- Finikoudes Beach: Relax on the popular sandy beach located in the center of Larnaca. There are also several beach bars and restaurants to enjoy.
Transportation From Larnaca to North Cyprus
If you have a car, the easiest way to get to North Cyprus from Larnaca is to drive yourself. However, make sure to rent a car that is allowed to cross the border, as not all rental cars are authorized. Drive east towards the border, passing through the village of Athienou. Once you get to the Metehan/Kermia border, you will need to cross through border control. After entering North Cyprus, follow the road signs to your destination.
There are several intercity bus companies that operate between Larnaca and North Cyprus. One of the most popular companies is Kombos. You can take the Kombos bus from the Larnaca International Airport or the Larnaca Bus Station to Nicosia, the capital of Cyprus. Once in Nicosia, you will need to cross the border on foot and board another bus to your final destination in North Cyprus. There are a number of local bus companies that operate within North Cyprus, or you can also take a taxi or rent a car.
How to hire a car in Larnaca?
Hire Car in Larnaka for comfortable travel you apply car rental. By contacting EuroDrive, you can receive your car immediately after meeting with our representative at any location in Larnaca and signing the car rental agreement. You can contact EuroDrive to make the car hire Larnaca process very easy and simple.
Unlock the wonders of Cyprus with our exceptional car rental services. Discover more with EuroDrive Car Rental Cyprus!
Distance between Larnaca and Famagusta?
The distance between Larnaca and Famagusta is 45 km.
How to get from the city center to Larnaca Airport?
You can use a bus or taxi to go from Larnaca city center to Larnaca International Airport. Alternatively, you can go to Larnaca Airport with a rental car.
Where to stay in Larnaca during the trip?
Finikoudes is the most popular area for tourists, located right on the beachfront promenade. It offers a wide range of hotels, from luxury resorts to more budget-friendly options. Staying here puts you close to the beach, restaurants, shops, and nightlife.
Located a short distance from Finikoudes, Mackenzie Beach is known for its vibrant beach clubs, restaurants, and bars. It is a great choice for those looking for a lively and trendy atmosphere.
What are the hotel prices in Larnaca?
Larnaca hotels prices vary depending on factors such as location, season, and the type of accommodation you are looking for. Here are some approximate price ranges to give you an idea:
- Budget hotels and guesthouses: Prices can range from around €30 to €80 per night.
- Mid-range hotels: Prices can range from around €70 to €150 per night.
- Luxury hotels and resorts: Prices can range from around €150 to €400+ per night.
If you prefer a more local and authentic experience, consider staying in the city center. This area offers a mix of hotels, apartments, and guesthouses. It is a great option for exploring the local culture, shopping at local markets, and dining at traditional restaurants.
Dhekelia Road, located a few kilometers outside of Larnaca city center, offers a more relaxed and quieter atmosphere. It is known for its resorts and beachfront hotels.
Nightlife in Larnaca
Finikoudes Promenade is the heart of Larnaca's nightlife, with numerous bars and clubs lining the beachfront. You can find a variety of options from beach bars to cocktail lounges and nightclubs. The atmosphere is lively, especially during the summer months when many tourists and locals gather here.
Located just a short distance from Finikoudes, Mackenzie Beach is known for its beach clubs and trendy bars. This area is particularly popular among the younger crowd and offers a vibrant party atmosphere.
Ermou Street is the main shopping street in Larnaca also has several bars and cafes that come alive in the evenings. It offers a more relaxed atmosphere and is a great place to enjoy a drink or grab a bite to eat.
Located in Larnaca city center, Zen Nightclub is a popular spot for dancing and partying. It features a spacious dance floor, live DJ performances, and a diverse music selection.